(Tempted by these festive cupcakes?)
I’m the girl who always washed her face with a little soap and water, slapped on any ole moisturizer and never wore make-up— thinking too much about my skin was never my number one nor was getting dolled up for any occasion. But three things changed that, I had two kids; turned forty and befriended Barbara Close, founder of Naturopathica (who gave me a swift kick in the ass a few years ago).
Speaking of kicks in the ass, last week I received a gift from Barb wrapped in Naturopathica’s signature dark blue box. What a treat! Inside the classy bundle were four gorgeous blue glass bottles and each and every one had the phrase “wrinkle repair” on it. Yes, I definitely bitched to my friend about feeling a little wrinkly but I didn’t think it would come to this!
I called Barb and said this, “Thanks for the box of goods—is it a gift or are you sending me a message?” Her reply, “It’s my new product line and I’ve sent it to all my gal pals for a try.” Well, let me tell you—I have been using it ever since and this is what folks have said thus far:
“OMG, your skin looks so alive.” “You look all spa’ed out.” “Your skin is glowing.”
I am sold—perhaps giving my skin the daily spa treatment (kinda like ironing my facial wrinkles) is the way to go! Hey, I am not getting any younger. So, a big freaking thank you to Barb!
While I may need a little help in the beauty department—fussing over any kind of fashion was never my focus—I made and continue to make quite a commotion over everything edible (as you all know by now). Hey, if you don’t feel good from the inside out, how the heck can you feel at all favorable let alone look excellent?
As we embark on this holiday season, I urge you to consider the following—yes, you can look and feel fab all in one. Move into this time of year when festivities abound with these few things in mind:
- Don’t say “YES” to every single party you are invited to (it can be exhausting)
- Never go to a party starving (you will surely overeat)
- Scout out the menu when you arrive so you can healthfully navigate
- Nibble (versus gobble) on the passed hors d’oeuvres or any starters
- Try to limit the super creamy and saucy delights (fat, salt and calories are chock full)
- Stick with the vegetables, poultry and fish; limit the red meat
- Alcohol adds quick empty calories to your everyday (and can make you feel pretty awful); manage your intake and drink lots of water
- Dabble in dessert if you must
These select strategies could make a difference in how you feel (and look) over the next four weeks. And check out Naturopathica to added a little more love to your looks!