STEFANIE SACKS, MS, CNS, CDN
Culinary Nutritionist, Author, Founder of Reboot Food™, Speaker and Consultant
Stefanie Sacks, MS, CNS, CDN is a Culinary Nutritionist, Author, founder of REBOOT FOOD™, Speaker and Consultant. For over two decades, Sacks has helped transform the way people eat by using hands on culinary experiences to inspire, educate and offer practical tools for food lifestyle change. She has her Masters of Science in Nutrition from Teachers College, Columbia University, is a Certified Nutrition Specialist, Certified Dietitian Nutritionist and is a graduate of the Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts. Stefanie, together with the Program in Nutrition at Teachers College developed Education At the Table™, a culinary program that builds knowledge, skills and confidence to integrate food activities and cooking into nutrition education.
Sacks authored What The Fork Are You Eating? An Action Plan for Your Pantry and Plate (Tarcher | Penguin Random House), is a sought after sought after media guest expert on the topic of healthy choices with frequent appearances on the Dr. Oz Show, PBS, Fox Media, and multiple radio programs. Her extensive online and print contributions include Oprah.com, Bloomberg, The Huffington Post, Alternet, fortune.com, foxnews.com and foxbusiness.com, Family Circle, Prevention, Harper’s Bazaar, Parents, Town & Country and Allure.
Sacks lives on the East End of Long Island with her husband, two very active boys and Blossom, the family dog.
Your roadmap to food lifestyle change!
An aisle-by-aisle rundown of how to shop and cook healthier.
Publisher: Tarcher/Penguin Random House
Discover how small changes in your food choices can make BIG everyday differences. An overview of the truth about what’s hidden in your food plus an action plan with 50 time-tested, delicious recipes—the keepers that Stefanie’s clients, friends and family love.
In addition, Stefanie has contributed to three books: The Source by Dr. Woodson Merrell and Kathy Merrell, Thriving Child by Erica Reid and Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr.
- FOX Dr. Oz Show: Is Fruit Making Me Fat?
- Al Jazeera America: Ugly Looking Fruits and Vegetables Are Simply Wasted
- FOX Dr. Oz Show: Why You Shouldn't Toss Bruised Produce
- FOX Dr. Oz Show: Sneaky Ways To Eat Clean
- FOX Dr. Oz Show: De-Coding Food Labels
- PBS Food Forward TV, Stefanie's BEST Ceviche Recipe
- PBS Food Forward TV: Episode One, Go Fish
- News 12 Long Island: Are My Salads Making Me Fat?
- News 12 Long Island: Beets, A Superfood
- News 12 Long Island: Milk Alternatives
Speaking | Informational videos
- June 2016, Anti Cancer Club: What The Fork #CancerBlab
- March 2015, TEDx Manhattan Talk: Small Changes in Food Choice Make BIG Everyday Differences
- February 2015: Dr. Oz Sharecare
- December 2014, Pecha Kucha, Parish Art Museum: How Food Changed My Life
- Huffington Post Live: Can Fast Food Ever Be Healthy?
- Huffington Post Live: Dangers of Self Medicating with Supplements
- The Sandi Klein Show: Conversations with Creative Women
- Sharecare with Dr. Darria: Having Fun in The Kitchen for the Holidays
- Vicky and Jen: What The Fork Are You Eating?
- Reiki In Medicine with Pamela Miles: What The Fork Are You Eating?
- I Heart Radio: Fearless Fabulous You
- LA Talk Radio: Fit & Sexy for Life
- WLRN: What The Fork Are You Eating?
- Heritage Radio: Food Talk with Mike Calameco
- WAEC-AM: CONNversations with Con Jackson
- WBKV-AM: The Bob Bonenfant Morning Show
- KMA FM/AM: Dean & Don Live
- Airwaves, Wake Up West Marin & Pleasures in Taste: Better Food & Eating
- The Marilu Henner Show: WTF (hour two)
- WPPB What The Fork on Eclectic Cafe with Bonnie Grice
- April 2015, Tasteful: What The Fork Are You Eating?
- February 2015, Organic Authority: New Book Explores Sane Approach to Healthy Living
- February 2015, Well & Good: Healthy Books You've Got To Read This Year
- January 2015, Edible Feast: An Action Plan For Your Plate
- January 2015, Re-Wire Me: What The Fork Are You Eating?
- January 2015, Shelf Awareness: What The Fork Are You Eating? Book Review
- January 2015, Posh Mom: What The Fork Are You Eating?
- January 2015, James Beard Foundation: Enlightened Eaters Favorite Quotes
- January 2015, Examiner: Enlightened Eaters
- December 2014, Moscato Mom: WTF Book Review?! Book Review
- December 2014, Meatless Monday: What The Fork Review
- December 2014, EcoCentric Blog: What The Fork Review
- December 2014, Natural Gourmet Institute: Q&A with NGI Alum Stefanie Sacks
Web & Print
- January 2017, Eat This, Not That: 20 Most Overrated Healthy Foods
- September 2016, U.S. News & World Report: How 8 True Foodies Celebrate Fall
- August 2016, Bloomberg: These Food Apps Will Actually Help You Shop, Cook & Eat Better
- May 2016, Jamie Oliver Food Revolution: What The Fork Are Your Kids Eating?
- March 2016, FoodTank: Imperfect Teaming Up With Whole Foods To Sell "Ugly" Produce
- February 2016, Playful Learning: Author Interview | Growing Healthy Eaters
- February 2016, Tap Into: What Are We Eating?
- January 2016, FoodTank: Women We Love | 25 Influential Women in Food & Agriculture
- January 2016, Tracy Anderson Method: Talking Food with TA
- November 2015, Edible Feast: Favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes from Cookbook Authors
- November 2015, Edible Feast: Fall Soup Recipes from Chef Authors
- November 2015, Protect What Is Precious: Interview with Stefanie Sacks
- September 2015, Fox Business: Walmart and Whole Foods Targeted for Produce Waste
- August 2015, Change.org: #WhatTheFork: "Ugly" Fruits and Veggies Are Storming Social Media...Is Your Grocery Store Next?
- August 2015, Huffington Post: Eat Hideously Ugly Produce If You Want to Care About The Planet
- July 2015, Food and Wine: Join What The Fork Campaign and Help End Food Waste
- July 2015, A Couple Cooks: How To Give Your Pantry A Healthy Makeover
- June 2015, Prevention.com: 8 Secrets Every Nutritionist Knows
- April 2015, The Stir, Cafe Mom: What to Eat When
- March 2015, Dr. Oz ShareCare: How to Store and When To Toss 5 Pantry Staples
- March 2015, Slow Food USA: TEDx Manhattan Part 1
- March 2015, EcoWatch.com: Three Must-See TEDxManhattan Talks
- March 2015, Civil Eats: Highlights from TEDx Manhattan
- March 2015, Edible East End: Nutritionist Speaks at TEDx Manhattan
- March 2015, Fortune.com: Here's How To Fix Food In America
- February 2015, DrOz.Com: How To Sneak Clean Into Your Diet
- February 2015, FoxNews.com: 13 Ways To Stop Drinking Soda
- February 2015, Edible Feast: What's Your Go To Winter Dinner?
- February 2015, EcoCentric Blog: TEDx Manhattan Heroes
- February 2015, Well & Good: How to Read Food Labels
- February 2015, The Fashion Spot: Think 'Free Range' Is A Code For Healthy? Here's What You're Actually Eating
- December 2014, Fields of Flavor: Battle GMOs, Hunger & Weight Loss by Ending Food Waste
- December 2014, Re-Wire Me: 6 Guidelines For Eating Even More Mindfully
- December 2014, Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists: The Value of a CNS Degree
- November 2014, Mind Body Green: A Better Snack, Acorn Squash Chips
- October 2014, The Fashion Spot: Yes, You Are Grocery Shopping Wrong
- September 2014, Epicurious: Food Forward Portlandia Meets Good Eats
Reboot Food™ is a 3 step transformative journey, whether Workshops, Retreats or At Home, where participants are guided through the process of making small changes in food choice that can make big differences in health.
I have created and offered programs at Canyon Ranch, Wellness Foundation of East Hampton, Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts and Donna Karan’s Urban Zen Center. Learn about my current offerings or connect with me directly to create your own Reboot Food™ experience.
In an era where academic, healthcare, culinary and corporate leaders are trying to make an edible difference, Stefanie’s expertise as a professional chef, environmental nutritionist and educator, offer her a unique skill set to be able to guide groups towards creating a truly sustainable food foundation for their specific audience.
Over the years, I have collaborated with numerous schools and school programs to integrate culinary nutrition education into existing curriculum. Current and past clients include Teachers College, Columbia University, University of Bridgeport, Early Head Start and Community Food Resource Center.
Food and cooking education play a critical role in healthcare. Yet, many healthcare providers lack the knowledge, skills and time to offer effective guidance to their patient population. Over the years I have worked alongside accomplished healthcare providers to help change the face of healthcare. Current and past clients include Integrative Functional Nutrition Academy, Center for Mind Body Medicine, Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Donna Karan's Urban Zen Foundation and Field to Plate.
Culinarians are now seeking the knowledge and skills to make the most healthful ingredient choices for their customers and the environment while also respecting their bottom line. I have had the great pleasure of working alongside many accomplished cooks and chefs from haute cuisine to school food service. Current and past clients include globally celebrated Jean Georges Vongerichten as well as large groups of country club chefs in the NYC Metro area, Wellness Foundation of East Hampton and Metropolitan Montessori School.
With evolving consumer interest in sustainable sourcing, food transparency and authentically healthy end products, industry is starting to shift. I love to help companies do the right thing as they aim to develop truly clean and transparent products. I have worked with ABC Carpet & Home, Naturopathica Healing Arts Center & Spa, Titan Tea, Ocean Approved and Consumer Eyes.
Everyone needs an edible awakening! A keynote, conversation or workshop can be designed to meet your specific group needs whether in your home, at a school, corporation, health conference, wellness center, resort or spa. Stefanie ideally uses hands on experiences with food when speaking as experiential learning is exciting AND effective! See Stefanie's speaking profile here.
A partial list of who I have presented to:
- United Nations
- Teachers College, Columbia University
- New York University
- TEDx Manhattan: Changing the Way We Eat
- American Culinary Federation Chef Connect
- The James Beard Foundation
- Integrative Healthcare Symposium
- Food As Medicine, The Center for Mind-Body Medicine
Link to speaking profile here or contact me to discuss topics and pricing.